Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Please note that RCR has started to charge a fair production fee. RCR wants to keep its contents open access. Still, we need to pay some necessary technical products (e.g., monthly webspace, server support, DOI numbers) and technical collaborators (e.g., copy editors, proofreaders, designers, computer specialists). Follow the link below and read the information to check the list of discounts and waivers before submitting the manuscript. If you do not qualify and the fee is expensive for you, write to us and ask for a discount or waiver before submitting the manuscript. Tell us your case! We may help you! email@example.com Information: https://www.rcommunicationr.org/index.php/rcr/submit/production-charges
- Does your manuscript comply with our "Author Guidelines"? (https://www.rcommunicationr.org/index.php/rcr/write-an-article/author-guidelines) Remember that you can send a proposal to the editor before writing a manuscript (https://www.rcommunicationr.org/index.php/rcr/submit/Proposal-Form) In case of doubts, write to: editor[at]rcommunicationr.org
- Ensure that you have obtained the necessary permission from coauthors and copyright holders. The reproduction of any illustration, table, figure, or lengthy quotation that has been previously published requires a written permission.
- Ensure that you upload a title page with the information about the authors (i.e., names in publication order, corresponding author, affiliations, emails, addresses). Please, ensure you acknowledge all the funding entities.
- Ensure you upload a Word document and a blinded PDF for review. Before submitting the files, please, a) delete your names from the text; b) add line numbers before creating the PDF (read the procedure below); c) make sure that the pages are numbered; finally, d) remove personal information from the PDF file properties. Note 1: Steps to add line numbers to a MS Word document: a) click on the “Layout” tab in the ribbon bar at the top; b) click the “Line Numbers” button; then, c) a drop-down menu offers several options, please, click on the “Continuous” option. Note 2: Steps to erase PDF file properties: a) Go to File, b) select Properties, and c) remove any name in the author field by making a copy of the file without properties; d) click OK, and e) save the document.
- Please, register with your institutional email address. Do not use a free email account (e.g., gmail, yahoo, outlook) as we cannot confirm your identity. In case of doubt, please, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding.
The philosophy of the journal is to be open and to make all articles accessible. It is our belief that open access is a must in the future of science.
Authors who publish with RCR accept a slightly modified Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
You, as an author, retain the copyrights for your paper and you are invited to give the widest diffusion to your article. However, the Review of Communication Research (RCR) is granted exclusivity for publication. The agreement allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and publication in this journal (i.e., citation). RCR may permit some commercial organizations to distribute the articles we publish (e.g., Web of Science, Scopus, ProQuest) with the aim to give access to the articles to the broadest number of scholars possible. Authors grant RCR the right to do so. RCR does not get any income for allowing the distribution of the articles to those databases.
The journal runs an open-review process as well as a traditional peer-review process.
When the manuscript is accepted for publication, it gets a doi number and is rapidly available online to facilitate early citation.
The journal posts the published articles to many public repositories for further diffusion and permanence.
You, as the author, are permitted and encouraged to post your published online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on your website), as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation.
If you have any doubts, please, contact the editor: email@example.com
Many thanks for submitting your work to this journal!