EMPATHY AND PROSOCIAL OUTCOMES IN COMMUNICATION AND MEDIA TECHNOLOGIES
Media technologies such as computer games, multi-user environments, virtual and augmented realities have been studied as tools to promote positive outcomes by building empathy towards others and increasing prosocial attitudes and behaviours. We welcome papers that include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Perspective-taking and empathy
- Influence of communication technologies on prosocial outcomes
- Effects of media technologies on attitudes towards outgroups
- Empathy and communication and media technologies
- Telepresence and prosocial behaviour
- Underlying processes of media influence on prosocial outcomes
- Mediating factors between technology and empathy
The manuscript submission deadline is July 15th, 2021.
Authors should submit their manuscripts through the RCR editorial management system: www.rcommunicationr.org.