Review of Communication Research invites the submission of literature reviews and meta-analyses relevant to audience and reception studies. Possible areas and issues to be covered include, but are not limited to:
- Critical/cultural approaches to audience/reception studies
- Political economy and audiences
- Journalism and audiences
- Entertainment and audiences
- Ethics in audience research
- Social media and audiences
- Audience and reception research in the Global South
- Universal and cultural differences in reception
- Methodological questions in audience/reception studies
- Theoretical questions in audience/reception studies
The manuscript submission deadline is August 1, 2021.
Authors should submit their manuscripts through the RCR editorial management system: www.rcommunicationr.org.
About the Journal:
Review of Communication Research (www.rcommunicationr.org) is an internationally respected open-access journal that specializes in publishing high-quality literature reviews and meta-analyses for the field of Communication. The comprehensive critical reviews that we publish summarize the latest advances in the field, but also root out errors and provoke intellectual discussions among scholars.
RCR ranks Q1 in Scopus CiteScore. It ranks in the top 2% in Social Science (#159/8,000, according to Scopus SNIP indicator) and top 10% in Communication (#41/434, according to the SJR indicator.)
We are looking forward to receiving your manuscripts or proposals!